Friday, July 1, 2011

Ignoring Summit Plummet

If you're scared of heights (or, say, dying) you might already be on board with the idea of "ignoring" the terrifying (but fun, if you ask me) Summit Plummet. This is the "drop out" ride at Blizzard Beach, and like everything else around here, it's heavily themed. In this case, the theme is the ski jump. You know, the kind of slope where the racer goes down for a while to build speed, then the ramp curves up and he's airborne for a long time until he re-meets the slope. Hopefully gracefully.

The slide is just the "down" part, though there's a fake upramp/jump (not pictured). What *is* pictured here is a family having a discussion in the viewing area. They must have been here a while. Why do I say that? Because only the one woman is watching this death-defying slide. It's hard to ignore in real life. Yet the other woman is having a conversation with the man, who is listening intently (and blowing his nose?) The family wasn't my target when taking the picture - I don't know them - but I found it an odd foreground once I saw the picture at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment